Free upgrade to an S & G Electronic Lock. Get convenience and security at no additional cost!
Receive free shipping on any Browning Safe!
That’s right, free shipping* on any Browning Safe for the continental US only. Safes would be shipped directly from Browning’s factory in Utah, delivered curbside to your home. Feel free to call us at 888-333-6422 for further information.
The 1878 Series has the security and exterior toughness to keep all of your valuables safe … and we do mean all of them. The cavernous interior provides maximum storage and includes the adaptable features that you need to keep everything organized. Due to variations in the metal used to construct the body and door, every 1878 safe is unique, with an individual look and character of its own. 1878 safes are made in the USA.
The smallest safe in the 1878 line, the 33 is classified as a Standard size safe. The slim interior houses up to 33 long guns with plenty of space for jewelry, pistols, documents and other important items. The small overall size of the 1878-33 makes it the ideal safe if you don’t have a lot of extra room, or you want to store a portion of your firearms in a bedroom closet or other location separate from your primary firearm storage.
- 11 Gauge Steel Body
- 1 1/4″ Formed Door with inner plate
- Force Deflector ™ Locking System
- Hardened steel pin lock protection
- Pry-Stop End Bolts
- 1 1/4″ Diameter chrome locking bolts on three sides of door(top/sides)
- 1680° F/90 Min fire protection
- ThermaBlock fire protection-ensures that your valuable are well protected. ThermaBlock features thicker sheets of fire insulation arranged in an interlocking design that minimizes gaps that would allow the internal temperature in the safe to rise during a fire.
- External Hinges Matter- External hinges offer several advantages over the internal hinges found on other safes, most notably in fire protection. To accommodate an internal hinge, fire protection material must be removed where the hinges attach. In a fire, these two unprotected areas allow the internal temperature of a safe to rise faster, to a significantly higher temperature, than a Browning ProSteel safe with external hinges with no gaps in the fire protection.
- Premium DPX Storage System with Quick Access Barrel Rack and Scope Saver
- AXIS Adjustable Shelving with Pistol Rack Included
- High Capacity Barrel Rack is designed to provide instant access to 7 long guns (holds 13 per rack)
- Elevated floor protect gun stocks
- Interior lighting along both sides of the door frame
- Electrical outlet
- Rugged stained steel finish-Due to variations in the metal used to construct the body and door, every 1878 safe is unique, with an individual look and character of its own.
- 1878 Stamped Plate at the bottom of the safe completes the rugged look
- Beige carpet interior
- Cast iron wheel handle